29 September 2005

Some actual "Gilmore Girls" talk

This is a couple of musings here related to the show and not recent episodes itself, because certain people I know watch the episodes later than I do. [EDIT (for Dr. Pookman): no plot points are mentioned here. Only a couple of characters' names. It's mostly harmless and tangential.]

One, missing the premiere was a horrible mix of my first day at work and forgetting my phone. All matters that were rectified, thanks to the wonders of BitTorrent and fellow fans in Indiana, who, thanks to the lack of DST, actually see episodes one hour later. Oh, the things you learn from television. Since then, I have been shipping episodes off to Japan, because I can't show them the episodes directly from my laptop anymore. And apparently, I have another convert without even knowing it! Big shout out to the folks in Awa! Chiba chiba y'all! (God, I'm white.)

Two, the new season has kicked off without a hitch. The show really hasn't missed a beat for a few years now. I wonder how things are going on the alternate universe Earth-J, where the Jess spin-off actually got off the ground. I hope they aren't feeling jealous about how well our series is going with Daniel Palladino still being Executive Producer and wanting to cause a Crisis on Two Earths. (Sorry, comic book geek tangent.)

Three, certain middling composers felt it necessary to sweep up the lovely and talented Liza Weil as his TV girlfriend, thinking I might do the same. Sorry, Antonio, if I made such a choice, it would have to be the second Becky, who might not be seen very often at Sacred Heart hospital this year. (Of course, Alexis Bledel looks much prettier this season, so watch this space. Or not.)

Four, I love pointless links to sites in foreign languages. I imagine that if Maddox actually cared to look here, he would blow a gasket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home