11 November 2005

What a way to go out

I always loved how Johnny Carson retired, and aside from lifting a Buick Skylark on "the Simpsons," stayed out of the public eye for the rest of his life. It didn't cheapen his farewell. (Of course, I was 11 when he retired and never actually watched the Tonight Show then, so I am sorta talking outta my ass.)

Anyways, my last Quiz Bowl tournament was in Chattanooga for TRASHionals. (For the non-QB folk: TRASH is more commonly referred to as "pop culture." And you thought we actually hit the books for this activity.) I wanted to have one question to which I could be like John Kruk; that is, I answer it, and say, "OK, I've had a good run. I'm done. Good bye everybody!" in the middle of a match. (Of course, my teammates would be right pissed that we drove 700 miles so I could ditch them in the middle of a tournament.)

I got that question. It was an audio tossup for both teams, where the question was, "Given the song, name the movie it appeared in for ten points."

Two notes in. It's "Ninja Rap," by Vanilla Ice.

From Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze.

I waited FIVE years for a question on TMNT. What a way to go.




...And now, I'm back.


(And to make it cheaper, I also got an audio tossup on Kelis's seminal "Milkshake.")

2 Comments:

At 14/11/05 12:17, Blogger Saravá! said...

There's something that seems strangely ironic or even just hilarious in calling "Milkshake" "seminal." ;)

 
At 15/11/05 01:06, Blogger Gilmore Girls Guy said...

Not so strange when it was entirely my intention. Nice catch. Gambarimashita, saraba-sempai. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home