31 October 2005

Does this count as insult to injury?

I need a ruling on this one. Apparently, the AHL expanded to Des Moines recently, with the Iowa Stars, an affiliate of the Dallas Stars, who egregiously left Minnesota in 1992. One would think most central Iowa hockey fans were North Stars fans, excepting the occasional Blues and Blackhawks fan or Scouts holdout (sorry, buddy, it ain't happenin').

So, is this beyond the statute of limitations, especially considering the Wild have been around for five years?

Or that many (like myself) are saying "Oh yeah. Hockey. Hunh."

I think it's worth considering that the affiliation strengthens the bond between the Great Red States (he he, I can say that) of Iowa and Texas. Their sister state status was revealed to me in a tale of a red-headed stranger in a strange land. (Well, the Alamo isn't that strange.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home