11 June 2007

About me (lately)

So, I have a new laptop, after having effectively turned my last laptop into a desktop. The damaged laptop was part of the reason my blog posts became sporadic last fall. As for my new computer, it's a MacBook and I quite like it so far.

Here is a review of my interactions with technology in the last year:

The screen goes on the fritz on the Vaio, I eventually damage it further
The Vaio has those "Blue Screen of Death" problems several times, which stop after I uninstall MyTivo Desktop
My old iPod still has a broken screen, but still plays music well
My parents find an iPod in their backyard, give it to me, and its battery eventually dies
I break my cell phone (the top portion broke off), but it was still able to receive phone calls, and I was able to transfer the phone numbers when I bought a new one
I hit a deer with my car near Northfield, MN, after the White Sox bullpen blows a game against the Twins at the Metrodome
My Tivo is nice to me

So, after all this, one sentence kept running through my head recently: "This is why I can't have nice things." I even contemplated being done with 21st century technology altogether. However, Tivo kept taping Scrubs, the Office, Lost, House, and the end of Gilmore Girls for me, so came back from the edge. I decided instead to drink a little more.

So, posting will be a little more frequent again, as I juggle research, teaching, learning programming (the class is Java, but my research is usually C or FORTRAN), and many travels through Iowa. It'll be an interesting summer for me, at least.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home