24 December 2006

These vagabond shoes

Ah, once a month posts. the perfect way to cultivate a readership.

Anyhow, I finished my first semester with a fair amount of insanity and an unhealthy amount of sleep. I've got the grades back, and I'm mostly satisfied. Whew. Whee. So, now that I have a break, it's story time.

Last month, I said to myself, "I should see Avenue Q." I responded, "To do that, you have to go to New York."

So, last month, I told Susan, "We should go to New York to see Avenue Q." She responded by saying her middle name, "Kay."

So, right after my finals, we hopped on a plane to NY. One aspect of Susan's awesomeness is her many relatives in varied and convenient locations, including the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

All I will say about the last week is the following six items:

1. So much art. And we didn't even go to the Met.

2. Avenue Q is as hilarious as the songs I had already memorized.

3. Manhattan is real nice to visit, if you have the money, and a Metro Pass.

4. He he, Yoshinoya and Uniqlo are in NYC.

5. La Guardia is a pain, but at least we got back before The Fog®.

6. I'm quite happy (and relieved) that Susan could tolerate eight days around me.

Ask about the cab ride later. I've learned my lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home