19 November 2005

This is the slightly cleaned-up version of the story


This was going to be a Picture of Interest, but I decided to write more than a sentence on it. First, back story: this was me and Richy celebrating a birthday of two Virgos. He offered to dress up like a cowboy, which is silly, because he's from Edinburgh. (Of course, to this Yankee cracker, he IS silly because he's from Edinburgh.) As for me, I got some red temp-highlights and spiked it up for the evening, so I could be even more cuspy.

That night, the birthday gals wanted to go to the Let's Go-recommended Lock-Up, a restaurant with a jail theme. (And yes, my first thoughts were slightly dominatrix related. Sue me.) However, when I called for reservations, I was informed that the place had closed. Oh well, I had a back-up plan, with the Rough Guide-recommended Ban Thai, located in the middle of wholesome and conservative Kabuki-cho. (Yes, we were guidebook whores. Sue us.)

Considering our expressions in the photo, you wouldn't be surprised to learn that this was one of my "regrets, I've had a few" nights. We ended up at Club Pure where the 3000 yen cover meant we had all-you-can-drink. I didn't see a White Russian in Japan before OR after that night. Needless to say, I drank EIGHT. Taking into account the wonderful (and legitimately spicy) food we had at Ban Thai we had earlier, you can draw your own conclusions about my Sunday morning.

Richy left the club after four, and had to loan his keitai to Angie, as she had left hers at the club. He told us later that he didn't get back to his apartment until 3 PM, because he kept falling asleep on the train and missing his stop.

As for me, I would have probably done the same when I hit the home stretch around 8:30, if not for (I don't know what to call her right now, except for referencing the loves of her life, Eddie Izzard and Lord Peter Wimsey) waking me up in time.

That was my second, and last, all-nighter in Tokyo. The city had bested me, partially due to it being over two hours away. (My first time equally awesome and equally regrettable.)

(Oh, and if anybody needs directions to Club Pure, Ban Thai, or the Lock-Up, which we found ON THE WAY to Club Pure, let me know. I have been hooking up people with directions since I've left.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home