11 October 2007

Just so y'all can gauge my insanity

The following is an open letter:

Dear sky,

I didn't appreciate how you jerked me around this evening. I wanted to go out to the observatory to take some photos. However, I saw the weather forecast called for a mostly cloudy evening, so I was reluctant.

Around sunset, I looked up at you. You didn't look so bad. I called up my research partner, and we agreed to meet at 10 P.M.

I looked outside again at 8:30, and saw you were displaying several stars. It's gonna be a productive night, I thought to myself.

Flash forward to 9:45. I'm hurrying home to get my bag, look at you, and find you overcast. You didn't look promising for the rest of the evening, either. I cancel the trip (about a half hour each way).

Just now, as I was returning my computer to school, I saw that you partially opened up. The hole in the clouds above me formed a giant gaping mouth, where the stars' scintillations represented dozens of tongues giving me a cosmic raspberry.

Go to hell, heavens.

GGG

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12/10/07 00:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Replace the word "sky" with woman to get a totally different interpretation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home