15 January 2008

With no power

I just witnessed a shoplifter tonight. As I was walking into the West Ames Hy-Vee, I was walking around a guy as one of the cashiers said, "Sir!" rather loudly. The guy impassively continued toward the exit, so the cashier ran up and grabbed the guy's shoulder. The guy wrested away from the cashier's grasp and runs out, and the cashier called the man in charge of security.

Meanwhile, I thought to myself for the next several minutes, "I could have stopped that guy." I later convinced myself that it was petty theft, not worth risking personal harm, and I had just walked into the store with no understanding of the situation.

Of course, I also thought about how the guy might end up killing my Uncle Ben. That would suck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home