22 October 2007

Ah, Monday.

I feel like I have something to say, but I can't remember what, so I'm going to ramble on.

I was behind my car's steering wheel for fourteen hours this weekend. It was troubling to learn that I REALLY need sunglasses to drive in a sunny sky. Lousy blue eyes. Lousy missing lens screw in my sunglasses.

On a happier note, Ragstock was chock full of great things to wear for my Halloween costume. I'm the Mad Hatter. There will be photos this weekend.

My first trip to Ray-Town (Racine to outsiders) went off without a hitch. It was nice to see Paul and Emily for the first time in a long while.

The Bears ran the Two-Minute-Drill successfully yesterday! When did that last happen? Was Erik Kramer under center? I think a Two-Minute-Drill must begin with two minutes (or less) left on the game clock, so things like Griese-to-Hester last week or the fourteen point comeback in 2001 with Shane Matthews don't really count.

Correction: both of these drives follow that rule, as they started with 1:53 and 1:52 remaining, respectively. I guess they just don't have that John Elway panache.

Sticking with football, the weekends can be quite agonising when both of your favorite teams' offenses are so bad, they tire out the defenses, causing them injuries and making them even worse. Friggin' time of possession.

Ah, I remembered one thing I wanted to say! Family Guy, ugh. They have been running short on jokes lately, so they think it's funny to extend a non sequitur for 30 seconds. It isn't.

Plus, they ran a non sequitur sequence where they showed a Simpsons advertisement chyron with Marge, who was quickly attacked by Quagmire. This degraded into Glen sexually assaulting her, and she ran off screen. They returned a few minutes later, very satisfied. Great message. They then went over to her place, and with only the Simpsons' domicile visible, Homer eventually walks in on the infidelitous acts. As the scene continues off-camera, Quagmire proceeds to shoot the entire family to solve his dilemma.

Who would find the shooting of children of funny? Who would find accepted rape funny? I think the show finally crossed the line with me. I'm almost sad to see there is a line with me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home