19 October 2007

So it's come to this

This weekend is Homecoming at Iowa State. Since I'm a grad student, I haven't noticed a thing, aside from newspaper articles. In the Friday editions of the Iowa State Daily, they print a supplemental sports section, which as you would expect, focuses on the football team's upcoming game.

However, this week they profile a baseball team from 50 years ago that did exceptionally well. Pardon me if I find this amusing, because the supplement is called "Gridiron," this weekend is the Homecoming game, and on the cover, I see a baseball team photo, but the program hasn't existed for six years.

This is probably what happens when the team is on the fast track to 0-8 in the Big 12, lost by 53 at home, and lost to a Division 1-AA...excuse me, Championship Subdivision (because they actually have a champion) team at home.

And yes, I'm bitter that my team is never mentally prepared for the prestigious Cy-Hawk Series.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 19/10/07 18:39, Blogger Ose said...

15-13

 
At 22/10/07 19:17, Blogger Gilmore Girls Guy said...

Got that right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home