04 January 2008

You won't care about this

1. Bakers Square was owned by Pillsbury once. It was called Poppin' Fresh Pies. This is the biggest sign that I was born in the Eighties, and didn't live in the Eighties.

2. Bakers Square is a wholly owned subsidiary of the company that owns Village Inn. This knowledge blew away a quarter century of clouds in my mind, which I didn't even know existed until I came to Iowa eight years ago. This is because there are no Village Inns in Illinois, except near the River. The Des Moines area has three Bakers Squares, oases in the desert of Village Inns across Iowa. I never knew that the lack of overlap was due to their affiliation.

3. Why is there overlap in Des Moines? The original Bakers Square (neé Mrs. C's) started there.

These are the things that fascinate me when I have a project due five hours ago.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home