04 February 2008

There, I said it.

IPod's headphones suck. I knew about this for years, because of their utter lack of background noise cancelling abilities, which contribute to ear damage from turning up the volume. I had them on for the last 4.5 hours and I can already feel like my ears have been to a concert.

Also, the ear buds fall out constantly, which was quite annoying while I ran this morning.

I'm only making this observation now because until recently, I was able to use other headphones. No more. I think I shall follow the well-travelled Bluetooth route.

Also, I will write later about yesterday's ripping good footballing contest.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5/2/08 07:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, you absolutely cannot go around using those earbuds. The sound quality is terrible, and then yes, you end up turning it up way too loud which is incredibly bad for your hearing. I am pretty much 100% sure that I have damaged my hearing by listening to music too loud and too often. Longtime chronic earphones that are just a bit too loud can be worse for your ears than a one-time acutely loud noise, like a concert.

Plus when you are cranking it like that, everyone around you can hear exactly what you are rocking out to. I like to keep that private.

I really recommend you buy a decent set of headphones, for the good of your ears. I have some Bose Triports, which are expensive (~$150) but very worth it, because I use them every single day (see damaged hearing, above). Leave the earbuds for working out or other times you don't want to sweat on your headphones.

Do it, as Steve Brule says, for your health.

-Jayne

 
At 5/2/08 09:49, Blogger Gilmore Girls Guy said...

Yeah, I originally had $20 Phillips earbuds, which did well to cancel out the background sound, but they just went "mono," if you catch my meaning. I think I will go the expensive route.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home