30 December 2005

Goddamn you half-Japanese girls

So I was looking up info on my ol' blue-haired Japanese teacher, Kuriya-sensei, who left the U of I for Pittsburgh in 2004. I learned the following items of interest:

-She earned her Ph.D. last year.
omedetou gozaimasu! o-tsukare-sama deshita.

-She left Carnegie Mellon for Earlham College, where I thought another one of my Japanese teachers, Hanzawa-sensei, was employed.

-One of the pages on the Google search contained this gem (use kommodant@mail.com) from 20 months ago. My ears are burning. ...No wait, I'm typing at 1 AM in Cedar Falls in December. That seems like a physical impossibility.

Oh well. At least I know the whereabouts of Kawano-sensei. She went scuba diving in Palau. I understand it's much frendlier than that CIA page.

1 Comments:

At 27/6/08 16:35, Blogger Dilek said...

Hey, I just googled Kuriya-Sensei, as I studied Japanese at Iowa from 1999-2003 and was feeling nostalgic. Who is this? Were you at Iowa then, by chance? If so, this is ドリューセバー. I can't find a name anywhere, and don't feel like being 'stalky'! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home