23 December 2005

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart...

God, I hate that song. And what's worse, there was a series by that name on the air in Japan last year. So naturally, I had to hear that song in every English class throughout December.

In contrast, I totally LOVE "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey now. I would bounce around, dancing gaily (ha ha! double entendre!) as it played in the third year (9th grade) classrooms, to the bemused delight of my students. Good times.

(To those who got Wham! stuck in their heads by the title, my bad. I hope Mariah makes up for it. If not, then "Bah humbug, but that's too strong, because it is my favorite holiday...")

2 Comments:

At 25/12/05 20:33, Blogger Sus said...

Oh dear dear dear. Must I mention Glitter? Or numerous OTHER reasons to dislike Ms. Carey?

 
At 30/12/05 00:50, Blogger Gilmore Girls Guy said...

"If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!" That, or I can not acknowledge it's existence. For me, Mariah will always be a sweet, sweet fantasy...I mean...crap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home