03 August 2006

Finally, the E-Rock has come back to Iowa!

(Three false things about that title: I don't refer to myself in the third person, only one person has ever called me E-Rock, and I've been in and out of Iowa for months now.)

Anyhow, I'm all settled into Ames now. My profuse thanks go out to my parents, my sister, and my gal for helping me move in. I've had a truly busy summer, including seeing Wicked and the treasures of Tutankhamun's tomb in Chicago, and Pirates of Penzance in Iowa City. Interestingly, the Wicked book is allegedly worse than the movie. While a movie (or in this case, a musical) being better than a novel is rare, I have heard a similar assessment from another source regarding the novel Big Fish.

2 Comments:

At 4/8/06 15:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, E-Rock. (Now there are two people. And I feel somehow dirty.) Anyway, welcome back to the State With Many Vowels!

 
At 7/8/06 10:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was wrong with E-Train? We bestow upon you a nickname which ... well, it isn't 'Crabcakes' (which some guy at work the other day actually answered to).

E-Rock? No no, friend. E-TRAIN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home